Sunday 14 December 2014

The Great Debate: Frozen VS Tangled



Okay now everyone, and I mean everyone has been talking about Frozen. I know this is a  bit late to be talking about now since it has kinda died down with the relative public, but it hasn't left the minds of the elementary school children just yet. I happen to have a 7 year old sister who LOVES Frozen.
actually deserves. The reason I even wanted to see the movie frozen was because of this promo:

You wouldn't believe the number of times the song "Let It Go" has been sung in my household, and trust me, us Fluffies do not have good voices in the slightest so it is basically torture to hear my little sister belting out those off key notes in the shower. 

Oh and don’t even get me started on how many times I've been asked if I wanted to build a snowman.Don’t get me wrong, Frozen was a pretty good movie, but I feel like it’s getting more praise than it 


Yes, the race for the carrot between Sven and Olaf was adorable and captivating but that wasn't the main reason I was so interested in this movie, it was because Frozen was made by the creators of Tangled.
I love absolutely loved Tangled! Not only was it full of adventure and magic, but it took the beautiful story of Rapunzel and turned it into something absolutely phenomenal.
A couple of days ago, I saw Tangled once again and I realized that Tangled didn't not receive the hype it deserved. I'm writing this now because I truly want to know what the rest of the world thinks; Was Frozen better than Tangled?


The only thing I liked about Frozen , aside from the soundtrack, was that it's plot focused on the bond between sisters instead of the usual damsel in distress plot. Unfortunately, that would be the only positive thing I can say about the movie.

Frozen was only popular because of the Award Winning song, Let It Go and had the song be featured in Tangled, Frozen would have been swept under Disney's carpet of shame along with The Princess and the Frog. Their were so many things I didn't understand about Elsa's powers:How could she make a dress?How did she create life?Why did the makers assume we would notice her make Olaf when we too dazed on the wonderful voice of Idina Menzel?Why were Elsa's powers considered wicked if they had magical troll rock frolicking around their forest?How was Elsa suddenly able to control her power?
I also didn't like that Frozen conjured up most of its humor at the expense of a character as lovable as Olaf. Tangled didn't need to make any character foolish to get a laugh out of the audience. Flynn's charming personality and Pascal's loyalty to Rapunzel did the trick. Oh, and how can we forget Maximus and his intense sleuthing skills?


Also, I never found myself connecting either Anna or Elsa the way I did withe Rapunzel. Rapunzel was locked in a tower, Elsa was free to pass her position to Anna. 


All in all, I do think that Frozen wasn't as good as Tangled but at the same time, I'm glad that Disney is showing more family relations in their movies. (Aside from Finding Nemo...) 

Plus, I have to admit, Let It go is a pretty catchy song.......Love is an Open Door was good too........


Thanks for reading! Tell me your opinion in the comments!

~CaptnFluffy~







No comments:

Post a Comment